my broomstick story

 

Some time ago, the kitchen sink got clogged. Before then, I had awarded myself overall best in plumbing, because in time past I unclogged the sink effortlessly. but brethren, this one was stubborn!


I went down the pipes, washed it clean, and ran it through with water, still, the sink remained clogged. 


I used the sink plunger to suck out the dirt, still, the sink remained clogged.


My mother saw my struggle and advised me to use a broomstick. Broom Stick kwa? I laughed off her suggestion & kept up with my plumbing expertise. The sink remained clogged for days. 


Then I decided to try out what my mum suggested I do. I used one broomstick to go through the sinkholes. Guess what?


You guessed right. I sha didn't let anyone at home know it was a broomstick that unclogged the sink. It was my plumbing expertise and that is that. I still get to maintain my overall best in plumbing title 😌. 


Trust the holy spirit to come with a moral lesson for me at that moment. 


"overall best in serving God, still you doubt when God said to be not unequally yoked with unbelievers, so you relate carelessly with people you should draw boundaries with because you believe you have self-control for two people"


"overall best in dedicating your body to God, still you don't guard your heart with diligence, so one chapter of that hot sex scene in that romance novel won't hurt"


"overall best in abstinence yet you don't FLEE sexual immorality, so rewinding that hot kissing scene in that movie; that is pumping dopamines in you won't kill you"


I'm I the only one the Holy Spirit gives it to Woto Woto? 😩


Following God's instructions might seem impossible, just like the Elisha telling Naaman to wash in the river seven times to receive his healing. 

It might not make sense, like my mum telling me to unclog the sink with one broomstick but in those moments when the word of God doesn't make sense to you & you start asking why, know that the Mr. Flesh is pushing his head up, it means you have some dying to do. 


xx,

Mfor-Abasi Okoh

Comments

Popular Posts